Saturday is my film festival screening of “Nine,” the movie musical in which Kate Hudson sings and dances and, according to advance reviews, is very good. As you can see from the following invitation, there’s a reception after the screening for the movie’s director, Rob Marshall, and a “special guest.”
Now it’s very possible that the “special guest” is Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Sophia Loren, Judi Densch, Marion Cotilliard, or even Daniel Day-Lewis (although I doubt that one). But it could also be Kate. She was in New York taping “Letterman” on Thursday night, but could have flown to LA afterwards, right? The point is, she might be the “special guest” tomorrow afternoon. And if she is, I’ll feel compelled to at least introduce myself and mention the Yankees. On the other hand, she seems not to want to discuss the Bombers or A-Rod.
But she did laugh a lot in that interview (and she does sound like Goldie), so maybe she’s not that uptight about A-Rod questions. So what should I ask her? Here’s what I was thinking:
* Were you always a Yankee fan or did you find religion because of A-Rod?
* How did you two meet?
* Was it love at first sight?
* Do you get along with the Yankee wives?
* Are you really having a cat fight with Minka?
* What do you and A-Rod talk about?
* Does A-Rod read any Yankees blogs?
* Could you tell him about this blog?
* Would you mind doing an interview for the She-Fan Cam?
Let me know if I forgot anything. Wish me luck.