As we get closer to the announcements of this year’s MVP, Rookie of the Year and Cy Young awards, I realized I’d better get busy thinking about who will secure a nomination for the 2010 gold fan in honor of the best video recorded by the She-Fan Cam. As you may remember, last year I sifted through all my videos of fans, young and old, and picked the five I thought were most deserving of recognition. And then you, the readers of this blog, chose the winner from among the nominees. (Your winner was Surf Dog Bill, with my mother a close second.) This year, the task won’t be easy. I’ve got everyone from last year’s top two contenders, Surf Dog and Mom, plus:
* Paul, the Yankee fan pharmacist in New Milford, CT.
* Rachel, the Yankee fan nurse who was taking care of Michael in the hospital.
* Dr. Cami Ferris, the Red Sox fan who performed my root canal surgery.
* Evan, my five-year-old Yankee fan great-nephew.
* Jane Lang, the Yankee fan who was honored at the Stadium during HOPE Week.
* Harold, the Yankee fan father of Friend of the Blog, Barbara.
* Stephanie, the Tampa-based Yankee fan who sat with me during spring training.
* Denise, the Yankee fan and A-Rod adorer who went to Yankees-Dodgers with me.
* Ladyjane, the Yankee fan, and Emma, the Dodger fan/blogger
, who sang a “Happy Birthday” duet to Jeter.
* Amanda, the Yankee fan who made possible my first-ever Tweet-up.
And many more. How will I ever narrow the field down to five? I don’t know, but I’ll be spending the next few days pouring over the footage so get ready for the nominees next week!