It’s not fun to lose ever, but it’s really not fun to lose when:
* Their guys made three errors and your guys still couldn’t get the job done.
* Your guys were 3-for-11 with runners in scoring position.
* Your hot-hitting first baseman was on maternity leave.
* Your hot-hitting second baseman should have been in bed with Nyquil.
* Your manager was stuck with a makeshift lineup.
* Your starting pitcher held the other guys to a respectable three runs over seven innings.
* Your cleanup hitter knocked in a game-tying homer for naught.
* Your guys pushed the game into extras, only to go quickly in the 10th.
* Your god of closers decided to be human and give up a walkoff single.
* Your guys were at the other guys’ ballpark and you had to watch their fans celebrating.
* You were forced to listen to the MLB Network’s commenters say, like 16 times, that this game was a preview of the playoffs.
* You looked in your freezer and realized you were out of the best thing you’ve ever tasted.