“What’s more important now is how they recover from the past few games. That shows the character of a team.”
That was Friend of the Blog Melissa’s comment from yesterday’s post, following the Yankees’ drubbing at the hands of the O’s. She was right — the 2010 Yanks needed to show they’re capable of bouncing back after tough losses. And did they ever.
(The men in the picture are supposed to be Yankees bouncing back; the women must be she-fans.
* CC was a workhorse yet again, carrying the team into the eighth inning.
* The offense pounded Jeremy Guthrie.
* Could Cano be any hotter?
* How locked in is Nick Swisher right now?
* Granderson no longer has blinders on.
* And Joba and Mitre nailed down the win.
There was just one thing….Jorge got contused.
I could hear the sound of the ball hitting his leg all the way in California. But Cervelli was more than up to the task of replacing him. Will we have to call up a third catcher from Scranton? I expect we will. And I guess it’ll mean a return engagement for Chad.
What I really hope is that Guthrie stops following in the footsteps of former Orioles wildman Daniel Cabrera. I’ve had about enough of him hitting our guys.