I know the Yankees aren’t going to stage dramatic comebacks every day, but this run of victories sure is fun while it lasts. Today’s 3-2 win over the Twins in 10 innings starred yet another hero: Johnny Damon. But honorable mention has to go to:
* Pena, subbing for Cano at second, for saving a run in the first.
* A-Rod for getting the Yanks on the board with a homer in the seventh.
* AJ for pitching six-plus innings of really good ball.
* Bombko for not giving up any bombs with bases loaded and one out in the eighth.
* Tex for making that incredible stab in the eighth on Span’s grounder, then throwing out Cuddyer from his knees.
* Mo for coming back after two innings last night to hold the Twins scoreless in the ninth.
* Aceves for blanking the Twins in the tenth.
And now….onto the hero himself. Wow. Yay. Hallelujah.