I didn’t expect to be worried about playing the Blue Jays, but I am. Here’s why…
* They’ve been hot.
* We’ve been cold.
* They have Halladay.
Actually, I’m looking forward to seeing how AJ responds when he returns to Toronto to face his former mentor and teammate, but I wish the Yankees were in fighting shape. Today’s game in Baltimore resulted in a 5-3 win, but just barely.
And so….questions remain.
1) Why does Joba falter in the first inning of every outing?
(Is it me or is he making this face?)
2) Why do the Yankees hitters turn so many no-name pitchers into Cy Young Award winners?
3) Why is A-Rod cleared to play every day when it’s obvious that he’s not healthy enough to run out ground balls?
4) Why is Melky our center fielder when he throws the ball to third base like he’s playing a game of catch?
5) Is Phil Coke the real thing or is he just toying with us until he gives up the next bomb?
On a positive note…
1) I’m loving Johnny Damon right now. The guy is a hitting fool.
2) How great/surprising/downright bizarre is it to have a catcher with speed?
3) Can we all breathe a sigh of relief that Mo is still Mo?
4) Swisher and Damon seem to have an excellent rapport involving….I don’t know.
5) Pardon me, Aubrey Huff, but Joba isn’t the only pitcher on the planet to pump his fist.
Changing the subject, after another day of fog and humidity, the fire situation here in Santa Barbara is vastly improved. Even the Governator seemed pleased.
Most of the evacuees have been allowed back in their homes, and the fire is about 55% contained. We’re being cautioned not to get too confident; sundowner winds are supposed to return on Monday and Tuesday nights (please, no), but the hope is that they won’t do as much damage this time.
As for me, I’m starting to think about a trip to New York. I’m dying to check out the new Stadium and see a game or
two. Which brings up the issue of wardrobe. What does the female Yankee fan wear to the Home Run Palace?
Luckily, I just discovered a very cool web site called BomberBabe.com
offering “fanware for the fanatic female fan.” That’s a lot of “f’s,” but the shirts are clever as well as great looking. My favorite BomberBabe item is this one.
But I’m also fond of this one. The front has a cryptic message…
…and the back looks like this.
Yes, it’s got Jeter wearing the robes. Works for me.
The person who came up with the shirts is a diehard fan herself, so cheers go out to her.
And just a reminder….Friday, May 15th, is the deadline for sending me your Favorite Fan Photo for the Flip Video Camcorder Contest
. I’ll be posting the candidates for you to vote on soon after. May the best pic win!